Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog Assignment 1

I was born and raised in Mobile, AL. I graduated from Murphy High School in 2008. From Murphy, I went to Jacksonville State University for two years. I really enjoyed my time there in Jacksonville, but I really missed my friends and family in Mobile. I decided to move back home in the summer of 2010 and applied and got accepted to USA. I chose Elementary Education as my major. I chose this major because I have always loved children and I have always loved teaching them. My first grade teacher had a huge impact on my wanting to be a first grade teacher as well.
I come from a huge family. There are six kids in my family. Five of the six kids are girls and only one is a  boy and he is the youngest. I loved growing up in a huge family and that probably has something to do with my love for kids. I currently am working two jobs. The first job I work is during the week and it is as a nanny to two of the most precious children you will ever meet: Hannah and Hampton. Hannah is five years old and Hampton is three years old. The second job I work is usually on the weekends only. It is at Cold Snap Frozen Yogurt. It is a laid back, enjoyable job that helps pay the bills.
I have many interests in life. One of them being almost anything that has to do with the outdoors. I love running, hiking, biking, kayaking, etc. the list goes on. Anything challenging that is outdoors is something that I tend to love. This pretty much sums me up!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like me! I am a nanny for two kids during the week too, and I have another job during the weekends! You work at Cold Snap? I love that place! I was just there yesterday. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah,

    Great first post! It really hope you enjoy this class and we hope you will learn a lot! I think that we need people like your first grade teacher to inspire us to do something that will help others! It is amazing to think that at such a young age, you were impacted and it has influenced you even today.

    Good luck this semester, and don't forget that you must have picture for all of your blog posts.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stephen!! I think this class will teach me so much! I wasn't sure about the picture thing. Does this mean any picture of our choosing?

    ReplyDelete