Thursday, February 3, 2011

Summary C4T Post #1


My teacher that I am following is Henrietta Miller. Her blog is Classroom Chronicles. Her blogs are very interesting! Her first post I read was about her goals for this year. She is a very talented teacher. Her main goal this year is to be selected for the Google Teacher Academy in Sydney, Australia. This would be a huge honor. Her other smaller goals consist of expanding technology in classrooms and schools! There is a lot to be learned from her! She keeps her classroom student centered and tries to make school and her classroom unique to each student she has. What a role model she is!
The second post I read was about her advice to new teachers. Her advice was solid, reasonable advice. It was on being a planner as a teacher and also a learner. You must teach with a learner's mindset. A few other pointers were to keep smiling because it does get better and to ask for help when you need it! The only way to get the help you need is by asking. She seems so down to earth. One day I would like to meet her. She is so inspiring and a great teacher. I would like to model my future classroom after her. There is so much to be learned from her and she is still learning. The goals she sets for herself are perfectly attainable for her. I have complete faith in her that she will reach the goals that she sets. I have great respect for her and I haven't even met her. I feel like I know her just from reading her blogs. I will continue to read her blogs even after this assignment is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment